TrainWeb Hosted Websites
Featuring Locomotives including Photos
Sorted by URL and not by title.
- ★ = Active website noted for volume & quality of information & photos.
- ☆ = Inactive website noted for archival information & photos.
- ☡ = Caution - functioning website but exhibiting some technical problems.
- Δ = New website under construction. Might be empty of content.
- CLICK HERE to return to the Directory.
- ★ Atlantic Coast Line Railroad Class 4-8-4's
History of the ACL Railroad's R-1 4-8-4's.
www.trainweb.org/aclr1 - Atlantic Coast Line Railroad.
Class R-1 4-8-4's, the "1800's" by Hugh Odom. Atlantic Coast Line No. 1808 from the H. L. Broadbelt collection. This page provides an overview of some of my favorite steam locomotives used in the United States, the Class R-1 4-8-4's of the Atlantic Coast Line (ACL) Railroad...
- ★★★ Bob's RR Pix
- ★ ☡ Class 40 Appeal
www.trainweb.org/cfa - Class 40 Appeal
Class 40 Appeal was founded in 1985 by a group of enthusiasts, determined to try and save an English Electric Type 4 (BR Class 40) locomotive, restore her to full working order and operate the loco on one of Britain's preserved railways...
- Chessie System Photo Archive
- ☆ The UNofficial EMD Homepage
- ★ Golden Spike Chapter, Railway & Locomotive Historical Society
- ★ Georgia Society of Ferroequinologists
- ☆ Helm-Is-Cool
- ☆ Railroad Pictures From Tuscaloosa, Alabama and Beyond
- ☆ Hocking Valley Scenic Railway
- ☆ HydroRail - Rails along the Fraser River
www.trainweb.us/hydrorail - HydroRail
Rails along the Fraser River. This site is dedicated to exploring and preserving the history of the British Columbia Hydro & Power Authority Railway (BC Hydro Railway, BCH) and its successor, the Southern Railway of British Columbia (SRY)...
- ☆ In Steam - Photographs of Working Steam Locomotives
- ★ CNR Locomotive 6167
- ★ Diesel Locomotive Rosters
- King Rails
- ☆ Kjellgesen's Rail Pictures
- ★ Keokuk Junction Railway
- ☆ Locotren
- ☆ Locomotives: Software for Study and Work
- ★ New Zealand Logging Locomotives
- ☆ L. Risen
www.trainweb.US/lrisen - L. Risen
I wanted to build a train and wanted a steamer, a bigboy. Every one says "build something smaller, then build a bigger one". Well if I am going to spend 10 years building something and then have to start over just sounded counter productive. So here is my story...
- ★ McCloud Rails
www.trainweb.org/mccloudrails - McCloud Rails
This website seeks to document the life and times of the rail lines owned and operated by three principle companies in the life of McCloud, the McCloud River Lumber Company, the McCloud River Railroad Company, and the McCloud Railway Company...
- ★ MickFix Network
- ☆ Mid-Atlantic & Midwestern Rail Photos & Info
- ☆ Mid-West Rails
www.trainweb.US/midwestrails - Mid-West Rails
The Kansas City area is a great place to be a railfan. Several of the major railroads have maintainence facilities and heavily used mainlines through the area. On this site, you will see not only photographs of the real thing but also pictures from the model railroad hobby as well...
- ☆ Mikey's Train Pix
- ★ Mile Post 51 N.Y. Railroad Memorabilia
- ☆ Milwaukee Road Online
- ☆ Missouri Pacific Lines
- ☆ Miami Valley Railfans
- ☆ Chuck's Train Page
www.trainweb.US/n1spx - Chuck's Train Page
Photos of a lot of locomotives including CN, EMD, EMDX, FECX, KCS, NS, SN, SSW, WP, GWR, OMLX, UP, SP plus many freight cars including ATSF, BN, BNSF, CHTT, CNW, DRGW, MP, UP, UPP, Soo Hoppers and MOW equipment...
- ☆ North Carolina Railfan Website
- ☆ N.Y.C. Rail
www.trainweb.US/nycrail - N.Y.C. Rail
A web site dedicated to railroading in New York City and the surrounding area. Information and photos are provided on the railroads that serve it, the locomotives they use, and HO scale modeling info...
- ☆ New Zealand Geared Locomotives
- ★ New Zealand Railways Steam Locomotives
- ☆☆☆ Oaks Model Railroad Club 1994-2002
- ☆ OCtrainguy's Railroad Photography
- ☆ A RailWay In Northern Utah
- ★ Old Time Trains
www.trainweb.org/oldtimetrains - Old Time Trains
Canadian Railway History and Stories - Preserving Our Railway Heritage. The road to knowledge begins with the turn of the page. Formed in May 1967 by R.L.Kennedy as successor to RAILFANS UNLIMITED. At this time a new direction was taken, whereas previously steam excursions were the main activity (along with a small newsletter covering C.P.R. Toronto motive power), interest now turned to preservation...
- ☆ O.N.-Rail(fan)
- ☆ RailLink Photo Archives
- ☆ Philadelphia Bethlehem and New England
- ☆ Preserved Locomotive Enthusiasts Group (PLEG)
- ★ Rahway Valley Railroad (RVRR)
- ☆ Mike Raia's Photographs
www.trainweb.US/raiaphotos - Mike Raia's Photographs
This website was created to display some of the pictures I have taken over the years including the Ohio Central Photographer's special in 2002, Canadian Pacific in the Canadian Rockies in 2002, Duluth, Eire Mining in the late 90's and 2004, Algoma Central, Soo Line 2-8-2 #1003 photo charter in 2004, Santa Fe 3751 photo charter in 2002, EBT Photo Trip in 2005, 2816 Photo Charter in 2006, and Canadian Pacific Division Street Job...
- ☆☆☆ Ohio Rails
www.trainweb.US/railmaster - Ohio Rails
Photos around Ohio of Conrail, CSX, Hocking Valley Scenic Railway, Indiana & Ohio Railway, Maintenance Of Way, Norfolk Southern, Ohio Central, Steam Locomotives and other historical rail photos. Also audio recordings, radio frequencies, locomotive rosters and more...
- ★★★ RailPhot
www.trainweb.org/railphot - RailPhot
Pierre-Noel Rietsch's Website for the friends of the swiss and european railways. Thousands of photographs and other information about locomotives, trains and railways from 1978 to the present. Text in French, German and English...
- ☆ LCSO's RailPics
- ★★★ GO Transit Motive Power Website
- ☆☆☆ Randy's Railroads
www.trainweb.US/randysrr - Randy's Railroads
Thousands of photographs from my collection. I took approximately 15,000 slides of northeast railroads in the early 80's. There is also a large selection of Western Maryland photos from my collection including early diesel and late steam...
- ★ Re2
- ★ Golden Spike Chapter, Railway & Locomotive Historical Society
- ★ Class III Shortlines
- ★ Houghton's RailImages
- ★ The Ultimate Steam Page
www.trainweb.org/tusp - The Ultimate Steam Page
Despite their apparent demise over 40 years ago, steam locomotives continue to work productively in remote locations around the world. Numerous serious attempts have been made to bring steam locomotives back into general railway use...
- ★ Western New York Railway Historical Society
CLICK HERE to return to the Directory.
|Click below for pages in the directory of TrainWeb sites:|